Application period is now closed.
Resumes are being reviewed and interviewees will be contact over the next two weeks.
If no suitable applicant is found, the application period will reopen.
Volunteer and Event / Fundraising Coordinator
The Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc. is seeking a Volunteer & Events/ Fundraising Coordinator to work 25 hours per week.
Position is estimated to begin early August.
Duties would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recruiting & Managing Volunteers
- Monitor volunteers running office during hours of operation
- Monitor and assist volunteers working on independent projects
- Recruit volunteers and learn their skills and interests to match with appropriate projects
- Assist various working committees – Historic Marker, Events, Real Estate, Publications, etc.
- Lead coordination of the annual Holiday Candlelight Tour including:
- Volunteer committees to manage portions of event
- Basic bookkeeping and oversight of budget and ticket sales
- Assist volunteers in obtaining sponsors and advertisers for event
- Promote event throughout community
- Assist walk-in guests during business hours and phone calls/ emails with requests for information
- Consult files in Lewis Store for info
- Pass on to appropriate volunteer or board member as needed
- Oversee sales in gift shop throughout year/ work to promote gift shop and HFFI items
- Post on HFFI Facebook page to engage community with preservation and promote events and products
- Communicate with HFFI Board of Directors on progress with Foundation projects and needs to ensure success
- Maintain and monitor organization’s budget
- Oversee payment of bills and tax preparation
Applicant should have experience and be proficient in the following skills:
- Verbal Communication
- Must communicate with staff & volunteers to convey needs and instructions
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Project Management – will need to coordinate multiple departments and committees as well as simultaneous tasks to ensure a successful Holiday Candlelight Tour
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- WordPress website CMS – not required, but helpful
Pay is hourly (not to exceed 25 hours/ week without Board approval) $16-$18/ hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to Board President, HFFI, 1200 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 or email to [email protected].