A Woman in a War-Torn Town: The Journal of Jane Howison Beale
$35.50 – $39.50
Fredericksburg, Virginia 1850-1862
Edited by Kerri S. Barile and Barbara P. Willis
With contributions from John Hennessey and Paula S. Felder
Mrs. Beale’s journal stands as one of the best accounts of life in a small Southern town during the 1850s and early 1860s. This new edition of her diary includes color photographs, updated endnotes, and an Introduction by John Hennessy and Barbara Willis. Her spelling and punctuation are reproduced as they appear in her own handwriting. This hard-cover edition is a numbered limited edition designed to emulate her actual journal.
Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc.
1200 Caroline Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Follow us on Facebook
Recent Posts to the HFFI Blog
- HFFI supports expert’s Preservation Recommendations and the creation of Preservation Advisory Group
- Preserving the Renwick (2023 edition)
- A Closer Examination of Historical Significance: The Charles Dick House and J.W. Masters’ Domestic Outbuilding at 204 Lewis Street
- Upper Caroline Neighborhood History
- Good-bye Summer (thanks for 200 years of hard work!)