Be part of the HFFI team!
Current Job Openings:
The Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc. (HFFI), a non-profit organization committed to preserving, protecting, and revitalizing the character of Historic Fredericksburg, is seeking a part-time Operations Manager to coordinate the organization’s day-to-day operations and administrative tasks. Applicants will demonstrate creative problem solving, great organization, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of Historic Preservation is not required but is preferred.
Initial duties would include but not be limited to the following:
- Management of day-to-day operations of the Lewis Store (HFFI headquarters and gift shop) including assisting the general public and researchers;
- Management and recruitment of volunteers;
- Management of memberships including maintaining management system (Little Green Light) and executing annual membership drive;
- Basic bookkeeping and oversight of budget and ticket sales for various events including the Annual Holiday Candlelight Tour;
- Assist with various event promotion;
- Assist various working committees, as needed (i.e., Historic Marker, Events, Real Estate, Publications, etc.);
- Attend monthly HFFI Board meetings every 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM;
- Lead or assist with coordination of the Annual Holiday Candlelight Tour including but not limited to coordination of permits and other logistics, bookkeeping, working with sponsors and advertisers, and event promotion;
- Management of website (WordPress) and assist in social media outreach;
- Engage community with preservation and promote events and products, through HFFI’s social media outlets, local publications, membership mailings and other media.
Applicant should have experience and be proficient in the following skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with staff and project management;
- Budget maintenance;
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks;
- Creative problem solving;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google software;
- WordPress website and Little Green Light software knowledge is not required but would be helpful.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- Pay will be based on experience but may range from $22–$25 per hour for 25–30 hours per week and would start May 1, 2023. Hours may change as funding and Board objectives dictate. Possibility of raise after 6 months of meeting performance metrics.
- Paid vacation (one week) and flexible additional time off (without pay).
- Professional development opportunities.
- In-person presence OR ensure presence of volunteers during Lewis Store hours of operation (Tuesdays–Saturdays 11:00am–4:00pm); partial flexible remote work schedule otherwise.
Please send a cover letter and resume to David James, HFFI Board President, 1200 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 or to [email protected]g by April 17, 2023.
Check back for future opportunities or email [email protected]