Volunteer and Event / Fundraising Coordinator
The Historic Fredericksburg Foundation, Inc. is seeking a Volunteer & Events/ Fundraising Coordinator to work 25 hours per week.
Accepting applications now. Position estimated to begin early August 2020.
Duties would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recruiting & Managing Volunteers
- Monitor volunteers running office during hours of operation
- Monitor and assist volunteers working on independent projects
- Recruit volunteers and learn their skills and interests to match with appropriate projects
- Assist various working committees – Historic Marker, Events, Real Estate, Publications, etc.
- Lead coordination of the annual Holiday Candlelight Tour including:
- Volunteer committees to manage portions of event
- Basic bookkeeping and oversight of budget and ticket sales
- Assist volunteers in obtaining sponsors and advertisers for event
- Promote event throughout community
- Assist walk-in guests during business hours and phone calls/ emails with requests for information
- Consult files in Lewis Store for info
- Pass on to appropriate volunteer or board member as needed
- General office management
- Oversee sales in gift shop throughout year/ work to promote gift shop and HFFI items
- Post on HFFI Facebook page to engage community with preservation and promote events and products
- Communicate with HFFI Board of Directors on progress with Foundation projects and needs to ensure success
- Maintain and monitor organization’s budget
- Oversee payment of bills and tax preparation
Applicant should have experience and be proficient in the following skills:
- Verbal Communication
- Must communicate with staff & volunteers to convey needs and instructions
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Project Management – will need to coordinate multiple departments and committees as well as simultaneous tasks to ensure a successful Holiday Candlelight Tour
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- WordPress website CMS – not required, but helpful
Pay is hourly (not to exceed 25 hours/ week without Board approval) $16-$18/ hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to Board President, HFFI, 1200 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 or email to [email protected].