Christ Lutheran Church, 1300 Augustine Avenue
Fredericksburg’s Christ Lutheran Church began on July 20, 1947, with 51 confirmed members. Originally, the congregation met at the Fredericksburg Community Center. Between 1948 and 1959, first the parsonage was built,then the first sanctuary. Later the parsonage was converted to offices and Sunday school meeting rooms; the current sanctuary was dedicated in 1971. The education, choir, library, and meeting rooms were added in 1989. The Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The first Lutherans came to America from Scandinavia, Holland and Germany in the 17th and 18th centuries. They settled first in the northeast and later in Georgia, the mid-Atlantic and the West Indies. Lutherans moved across the United States and settled in the mid-West in the 1800s.
Citation: Christ Lutheran Church, https://www.christ-lutheran-church.org/